Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Earlier this week we went to Grandma's house (who happens to live right next door) to decorate Christmas cookies with my sister and her kids.  I'm pretty sure the best traditions involve food.


Please endure the following photos...













By the way, no one can pull off a mullet quite like Fiona.



We did our best to ensure that the whole cookie decorating process was sanitary...







Repeat Offenders



Mission: Failed.  Don't worry friends and neighbors; These cookies were made for private consumption.  Luckily I have become immune to grimy, sticky little fingers all over my things.


I'd say the kids' decorating skills have improved since last year.  But they have yet to master the art of "sprinkling."  


Exhibit A




We (meaning the adults) all agreed that Ellia's plate of cookies looked the most appetizing. (Not that I refrained from eating Exhibit A.)
  


Also this week, Ava was in the newspaper twice.




It took 5 years, but she finally sat on Santa's lap, voluntarily.
It's a Christmas miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable pictures of your girls! They are so pretty Hayley. This was our first "tear free" Santa year too. Yay!

    I now have an insane sugar cookie craving. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete