Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fa-la-la-la-la

Today is the day...we fulfill a Christmas tradition--the decorating of the Christmas tree.  Anyone who knows me knows that traditions are right up my alley.  They're organized.  They're predictable.  And they're so much fun!  (I'm not completely lame!)  So turn up that Christmas music, please.

Are you kidding me?!




They just can't help themselves







Carlos doesn't believe me, but I actually let the girls have complete control over where they put the ornaments.  (I may have had a few suggestions.)  I have also figured out that the spacing between the kids means that every other year I get an undisturbed, fully decorated tree.  This is an off year.
  

Fiona can not keep her hands off. (But really, can you blame her?)  I am pretty certain that within the next few days the bottom half of our tree will be completely bare.  


Part of our tradition is the making and eating of shortbread cookies.  (Carlos is the official cookie maker.)



Some are eaten...

Others are purposefully smashed into the floor.

Add some hot chocolate and the tradition is complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment