Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh "Hoppy" Day

(I couldn't resist the cheesy post title.  Sorry.)


The Easter bunny may have procrastinated a bit this year.  I was at Walmart first thing Saturday morning (looking oh so lovely) getting goodies for Easter baskets.  We didn't dye Easter eggs until that evening.  And I was up until 1:00 in the morning trying to finish sewing the lining for Fiona's Easter basket, which I promised myself I would actually get done this year.  I didn't.  







Long after the girls had deemed their eggs complete, my mom and I continued to work, tediously gluing tiny little jewels onto eggs.  Are you seeing where I get it from?!  The apple did not fall far from the tree.



Nonetheless, Easter came and the day felt completely Easter-y.  Candy wrappers scattered all over the house.  Little faces covered in chocolate.  30 sticky little fingers.  Me yelling, "That's enough!"  Oh, and purple bubble bath on the carpet.  (Do you know how hard it is to get bubble bath out of carpet?  Never-ending bubbles!)


Easter morning.  "One of these baskets is not like the others..."
Way to achieve your goals, Hayley.

Our girls are always spoiled with two Easter egg hunts.  After Grandma Lupe's house (where Ellia scored an egg containing a $100 bill) we went to Great-Grandma Payne's for more egg finding fun.  We came home with more than enough candy...which I later separated into two categories: chocolate, and non-chocolate.  (OCD Tendency #117.  Thanks, Mom!)  






And no one threw up from candy overdose.  Success!

1 comment:

  1. Those girls are just the cutest. And I love the Easter baskets, even if one isn't finished.

    ReplyDelete