Sunday, June 3, 2012

An"udder" Year Older

(More cheesy puns.)


It has now been 4 years that I've had the joy of being Ellia's mom.  With her, it is truly as if I live on the set of "Kids Say the Darndest Things."  In her birthday post from last year I mentioned that she is a milk-aholic, which is why "milk" was the perfect theme for her latest birthday party.




(The invite was slipped into the chevron striped sleeve.)


Which milk was most popular?
Strawberry.





You would think that with three girls I would be completely sick of the color pink, but I just can't seem to give it up.  You would also think that I should have known better than to expect smooth sailing at a party full of 4-year-olds.  Chaos at its finest.

They started off with a plain ball of cookie dough and got to add their own mix-ins. 

 


Some added so much that their dough wouldn't stick together, while others ate the mix-ins by spoonfuls directly from the bowls.  Sanitary, I know.





But once we baked them up, their giant cookies, which they took home in these goody bags, looked delicious. 



The rest of the party was spent pinning udders on a cow, and loading up on sugar and calcium.





It was so breezy that the candles refused to stay lit.
So Ellia did her best impression of  blowing them out.





This last game ("Milk the Cow") got the axe due to the fact that rounding up and trying to organize the wild bunch seemed like a hopeless task.  But if you ever need a cow rear made, my sister is an expert.  We both agreed that when you are a parent, you find yourself saying things you never thought you would.  Things like, "I'm just cutting out this udder."  Or "I can make a couple of cow butts for you."  Being a parent is awesome.




4 Years Old!



I LOVE waking up to this face informing me that "It's morning time."
She brightens my day with her sweet (loud!) giggle, her extreme imagination,
and her happy-go-lucky charm.
So glad she's mine forever!!



2 comments:

  1. What a great Birthday party! I love all of the little details you put into it. She looks like she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Hayley- how do you make it all look so beautiful? It's like reading a magazine. My kids parties don't look ANYTHING like that. Good job. And your comment about udders and cow butts was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete