Thursday, August 2, 2012

Human Again


So the word is officially out that I am pregnant with our 4th baby, who is due on Valentine's Day. (Please don't come on your due date, baby!) We are not afraid to admit that we want a boy this time, although we are fully expecting to discover that another sister is in the works.

What started as a summer full of motivation to sand and paint, create, and organize turned into a summer of laying around, nausea, exhaustion, and more television watching than I can stand. I'm sure I begged Carlos more than once to just put me into a coma for a month.

I've felt like a marionette abandoned by my puppeteer and plagued with bouts of nausea and the occasional dry heaves. I've felt like a terrible mother, giving my three girls little to no attention. I've felt like a lunatic for forbidding the use of the oven, as the smell of cooking can send me over the edge. And now as I enter the second trimester, I'm just looking forward to feeling like myself again...and maybe getting my hair done.

Carlos has been a trooper. He has accommodated me and all of my strange requests, and tried to keep the kids entertained. He even took the girls to Portland for a weekend so I could have some quiet time. Or more likely to get a break from his crazy wife. Either way, he took the camera with him, giving me at least one moment to document this summer.

Ava recently started playing her violin at our local Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings. It's a fun way for her to get her practice in. Plus, she thought it would be neat to make a few bucks...and a few bucks she did make. After only four weeks, she is nearly halfway to her goal of buying her own iPad. (She upgraded her goal after seeing how successful she's been.) Oh, to be 6 and adorable again.


Carlos brought her to the Portland
Farmer's Market while they were in town.

This is intense concentration, people!
(We're working on a look that's a little less fierce.)

Classic Ellia.  Happiest girl I know.

The Portland Zoo.
Keep in mind that I was not around to perform hair duties.



A lion.  (You're welcome.)


I'm sad that I had to miss out, but I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend free from all responsibility.  Except, of course, for the demands of pregnancy, which required me to feel sick, go to bed early, and fall asleep watching old episodes of Family Feud.


I am so ready to feel human again!!!





3 comments:

  1. That is so exciting!!!! You both are such wonderful parents... fingers crossed for a boy, but we already know that you make beautiful amazing girls, so either way you win :) I hope the morning sickness subsides. You are superwoman- three kids and pregnant. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a trooper and a great mom! I can relate to your feelings, our first was due on Valentines day, and summer morning sickness isn't great either. I hope you feel better soon and your girls will forgive you, if they even noticed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting Hayley! Our fourth was a boy, so I bet yours will be too! (I hope!) But if not, like Rory said, you have 3 beautiful, talented too, daughters! And another beautiful girl would be heaven too! I am sorry you are so sick. I don't miss those days at all....that's why we are 99.999999% done having kids. ;) I hope you are starting to feel a little better now. I sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete