Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lost Time

After a trimester of what I would consider pure h-e-double hockey sticks (too dramatic?), I am finally getting ME back.  My sense of motivation has returned, along with a realization of everything that should have or needs to get done.  When I realized that there were only three more weeks left of summer vacation, I felt like it was my motherly duty to make up for lost time.  In contrast with the past couple of months, each simple moment has felt much sweeter...


A picnic in the park.

Cheesy orange fingers.



A proud tree-climber.




A hot day at the fair with my favorite people.


Building up her immunity. (Lovely.)
Sisters who adore one another.



Big imaginations.



Playing outside before sunset on a perfect Sunday evening.



 That big smile as Ava learns something new.  



 A family camp-out in the backyard.


That's more like it.
Even Caje was invited.
Pizza delivery.

More pictures of my kids eating.


 A friendly pillow fight.



A cozy campfire.  And an impromptu guitar serenade with silly personalized lyrics.



Fuzzy slippers on a sweet baby, who I may never stop referring to as my baby.

                  


I hope my kids can now look back on this summer and remember a few enjoyable, albeit condensed, moments spent together.      

School starts tomorrow and I can't wait to get up early and make Ava's first school lunch.  (Seriously, I have been anticipating this.)  I have a pretty amazing mom who I'm trying to portray, which means my kids can expect notes in their lunch bags, pancakes in shapes, picking outfits in advance, and books before bedtime.

I really dig this mom stuff. 

      

2 comments:

  1. Awwww. Fiona is getting so big! Love all the beautiful pictures- you take the prettiest photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. Isn't motherhood grand? And I don't doubt that her school lunch will be amazing.

    Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope it lasts!

    And what is it about kids eating that is so adorable?

    ReplyDelete