Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Bath Towel Revolution

Today is the day...I use my new bath towels. Why on earth am I blogging about towels? I have this neurotic (some may say endearing?) quirk which possesses me to buy things, but not use them until the perfect occasion comes along. This is pretty much limited to clothing and home decor items. I am currently working on decorating almost every room in my home. Note that I said 'decorating', not 'redecorating.' We have lived here for over 3 years and I have yet to entirely take on the task. Sad, I know. This is mainly due to this quirk I mentioned. I have many items in closets, just waiting for their debut. Why? I like to wait until I have everything to complete a room before I put anything out. I'm sure it drives my husband nuts. But tonight, in compliance with my new motto to live for today, I broke out the bath towels (tags still attached) that I got for the girls a year ago. I know I'm a freak. Baby steps, right? I'm seeing more blog posts in my future filled with projects completed, rooms decorated, and items emerging from their closet prisons.




In other news, our family has had a busy couple of weeks. Here's what's been going on lately.


· T-BALL ·

Ava at bat


· SPRING FAIR ·

Ava's Preschool Dance Class


Pony Rides-Could that smile be any bigger,
or any cuter!?



Who doesn't love the big slide?


· FAMILY & CHILDREN FESTIVAL ·
Note to self: Charge camera battery. These quality shots were all taken with my phone.

Ellia wanted a picture with the "Potato Head"




· FREE FAMILY SATURDAY ·
The first Saturday of every month the art museum has a free activity for kids. I have been meaning to take the kids there for far too long. We finally made it!

Luau Party
Making jellyfish



Making Sand Castles


Just had to throw this one in

And to finish off the week, Mother's Day! I enjoyed the extra affection today, but other than that it was business as usual. (Good thing I LOVE my job!)

1 comment:

  1. Hayley, you crack me up! I am glad you are using your bath towels! And I am sure your kids are too. I love your blog, you are such a great writer, I have always enjoyed reading about your adventures and your life. Your girls are so sweet and looks like you guys always have a ton of fun! sure do miss you!

    ReplyDelete