Sunday, September 11, 2011

Swift Week


Since school has started up again I have gone from being slightly busy to having a full plate.  I'm wondering if I'll need a bigger calendar next year.  But I like to keep busy, and I love schedules and routines so I'm not complaining (yet.)

This week we have...

...been clowns.




Another fun time at the art museum.


...watched a parade.


This is the only photo I took.  I have been seriously slacking in the picture-taking department.  Ava and Ellia got to walk in the parade but I was too busy waving at them to take a picture.  Oops.


...sent another kid off to preschool.



My sweet Ellia!  I was so disappointed when I went to grab my camera before we left for school to find that I had left the power on all night.  Dead battery.  Aargh!  I had to settle for the camera phone again.  She's pretty darn cute.  Even with that big scratch next to her nose.   


...attended (half of) a Taylor Swift concert.


Fiona got to stay at Grandma's house while Carlos and I took the girls to Seattle for some (late) school shopping and a Taylor Swift concert.  The traffic was insane and the concert was even more insane.  (I'm getting old.)  After enduring the sweat-inducing temperatures and the long wait for Taylor to finally make her appearance our kids were already getting listless.  When Ellia was nearly passed out in her seat we decided to take our leave early and avoid the post-concert chaos.  The highlight of the concert (for me) was when the opening act, Needtobreathe, played one of my favorite songs, "Something Beautiful."  (Listen to it here.  Seriously, go listen.)  I was pleasantly surprised when I found out they were opening, but I was even more pleasantly surprised when we saw their lead singer and their bass player in our hotel lobby the next morning.  We had a (very) brief conversation, shook hands, and that was that.  Only after we got into the elevator did my star-struck brain think to ask for a photo or an autograph.  Bummer.  Cool experience nonetheless.  And once again I am lacking in pictures.  This time because I wasn't allowed to use my "professional" camera at the concert. 

As for the shopping, I am starting to accept the fact that Ava wants to pick her own outfits, which is a hard thing for a control-freak to do.  But I'm learning to waive some of that control, and the proof is in the pudding.  And here is the pudding:



These were Ava's "must-have" shoes that are a far cry from any feminine, bow-embellished pair I would have chosen for her.  (Did I mention that they light up?) But aside from these, all her purchases were mother-approved. 


...got an Anthropologie fix.

Just me, actually.  While I was soaking in the inspiration, Carlos took the girls to get cupcakes.  It has somehow become a ritual that whenever I find an Anthropologie, Carlos finds a place to buy sweets.  Voodoo Donuts in Portland.  Fran's Chocolates in Seattle.  And apparently Trophy Cupcakes in Bellevue.


...mastered the art of walking.

Fiona, that is.  While we were in Seattle, Fiona was busy perfecting her skills.  Just in time for her first birthday coming up later this month.  Yay, Fi!
  

I'd say we had a productive week.  Too bad I had so many camera malfunctions (yes, I'll blame my camera.)  Note to self:  Take more pictures!   






1 comment:

  1. Ava has good taste! :) Those shoes are called twinkle toes around here and every preschooler has a pair! haha.
    I can't believe Fiona will already be one this month! Can't wait to hear about the extravagant party you throw her. :) hehe.

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete