Friday, September 2, 2011

Voids

My house is feeling strangely quiet right now.  I am only deficient one child, who is having the time of her life at Kindergarten right now, but it's amazing how it can affect the whole atmosphere here at home.  And in a few more days I'll be sending Ellia off to preschool twice a week, which will add to the strangeness.  But I can't say that I hate the quietude.  And for a few hours each week Fiona will get to experience life as an only child, although I'm pretty sure she will much prefer having her sisters here.  Besides the commute, I am really excited about this school year.  I love school!  Ava loves it too, thank goodness.  How do I know this? (Here comes another one of my lists.)
· She happily wakes up in the morning
· She chooses her outfits a day (or more) in advance (She's totally my child!)
· She runs through her bedtime routine flawlessly because she "needs her rest for school"
· She tells me so  :)

Love that sweet face!

I'm hoping to use some of my newly acquired "free time" to get some projects done, but more likely I'll be doing what I do every other day.  Cleaning.  And Fiona is only getting busier.  She has started taking her first steps.  I'm sure I'm in for a treat.  But, I did manage to finish a project I'd been contemplating.  I took this picture at the Portland Anthropologie when we were there visiting last year.  (I go into tourist mode whenever I visit one of their stores.)




I fell in love with this wall art and became determined to recreate it.  I finally did.  Here is my knock-off.




The emtpy wall above my sofa is now slightly less empty, but there is plenty more wall to fill...  

No comments:

Post a Comment